Live, Work, Study & Connect in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh. Future. Forged. For All.
Pittsburgh is a dynamic city of diverse neighborhoods and opportunities: Future. Forged. For All.
City Semester Student Housing Options
You have several potential housing options and resources to consider for your City Semester Pittsburgh experience. What follows is not a comprehensive list, and you are not required to use any of these options.
Note: The Pennsylvania State University makes no representation whatsoever regarding the following housing options listed. Students are responsible to inspect the property and negotiate lease terms with any landlord. The Pennsylvania State University has not inspected or investigated these listings or landlords in any way and is not endorsing any specific properties or landlords for students by this listing. The Pennsylvania State University disclaims any responsibility, among other things, for the condition of any premises, terms of any leases, treatment by any landlord, or compliance with any applicable local zoning ordinances.
- Penn Commons (This is where most City Semester students live during the semester. Penn State Center Pittsburgh staff can provide you with direct contact information.)
- sublet.com (and other online or printed news and classified publications that list sublets)
Subletting Your Penn State Apartment
If your lease expressly permits subletting or assignment, you are legally free to substitute another tenant for yourself. The same is true if there is nothing expressed in your lease against subletting.
- Uloop is a website where people host their sublets.
- Penn State has a Craigslist site where people host their sublets.
Introduction to Pittsburgh
- Made In PGH is a welcome guide to newcomers.
- Pittsburgh’s Model for Sustainability
- Yelp is a great search guide for anything you are looking for in Pittsburgh.
- NextPittsburgh.com is a website whose goal is to create an online community focusing on the cool people, projects, and places taking Pittsburgh to the next level as a place of creativity and innovation — to figure out what’s next, who’s leading the charge, and where we’re all headed.
- Imagine Pittsburgh is a digital hub for career exploration that connects you to 25,000+ positions open today and provides real-time information about trending occupations.
- City Paper Pittsburgh is an alternative newspaper featuring news, dining reviews, restaurants, music reviews, movie and film reviews, opinions, arts and entertainment, and culture.
- Pittsburgh Urbanist Guide has made it easy for both tourists and locals to pinpoint the outstanding local businesses in Pittsburgh.
Transportation in Pittsburgh and Beyond
- Port Authority for Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) allows trip planning and general information about public transportation.
- Several apps to download can help you navigate the city.
- Maps and Schedules for the Bus and Light-Rail Train System are located here.
- Healthy Ride Bikes– Healthy Ride bike kiosks are available in dozens of spots around the city
- Megabus offers its City Guide Pittsburgh and makes connections from Pittsburgh to State College; Harrisburg; Philadelphia; Morgantown, WV; New York, NY; and Washington, D.C.